Teething As a child grows, you’ll be…
As a child grows, you’ll be on the lookout for those first small teeth to pop out through the gums, which is a thrilling milestone. Although teething might be difficult for some newborns, the benefit is you’ll be rewarded with a plethora of toothy smiles
Find out when your baby’s first tooth is expected to emerge, as well as when and in what sequence the remaining of your baby’s teeth will appear.
Types of Baby Teeth
By the age of three, your children will have developed 20 main teeth.
Primary Teeth Development Chart
|Upper Teeth||Age tooth pops out||Age tooth falls out|
|Central incisor||8 to 12 months||6 to 7 years|
|Lateral incisor||9 to 13 months||7 to 8 years|
|Canine||16 to 22 months||10 to 12 years|
|First molar||13 to 19 months||9 to 11 years|
|Second molar||25 to 33 months||10 to 12 years|
|Second molar||23 to 31 months||10 to 12 years|
|First molar||14 to 18 months||9 to 11 years|
|Canine||17 to 23 months||9 to 12 years|
|Lateral incisor||10 to 16 months||7 to 8 years|
|Central incisor||6 to 10 months||6 to 7 years|
Common symptoms of teething in babies
- Mild Fever is a common symptom of baby teething
- Drooling and a Runny Nose
- Appetite for Solid Foods is Reduced
- Excessive chewing and biting
- Irritation in ears
Tips to comfort a baby during teething
- Biting on the Teething rings helps a lot .keep the rings cool for some time(Not frozen) and give to babies
- Putting pressure to the gums helps alleviate a lot of the pain that a baby feels when teething. Massage the gums with a cleaned moist washcloth, finger, or damp cotton pad.
- Fill a sippy cup with water and give it to your baby to suck on when they are in discomfort. However, do not fill the bottle with juice or milk to relieve discomfort. Tooth decay is associated with prolonged contact with sugary drinks.
- If discomfort is out of hands please seek professional help.